[Systems] [IT] Bandwidth usage on bender

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Aug 4 13:10:46 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 12:56 +0200, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> If you could do with a dozen of port-forwarding, that would solve all
> the problems. We can easily port-forward something like 128 TCP ports to
> Bender.

Yes, but until we switch to the new net, bender is also behind NAT.
I thought tunneled IPv6 would have been more flexible and easier to
manage than a complicated dance of port forwarding.

And it was quite usable, except for bandwidth control and unreliable
service from the Boston POP of sixxs.net.

I'm not opposed switch to port forwarding or add it alongside IPv6,
but perhaps first we might investigate the 6in4 solution a little
more?  I'll ask a guy I met at Trolltech if he has any suggestion.