[Systems] Buildbot

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Wed Dec 3 00:03:18 EST 2008

Luke S Crawford wrote:
> KVM would work, though really it's still comparitavely immatture (even though
> the linux kernel guys seem to like it more than Xen)   as would Xen
> in HVM mode.    Both these options would be quite a bit slower than
> paravirtualized xen.  I should be learning more about KVM, so maybe I should
> dedicate a server to it... but we're still taking about a week or so of lead
> time.
>
> Do you want to try runing in HVM mode?  I can do that right now
> without upgrading anything.
>
> the other option is to run with the kernel-xen packages from fc9.

I guess you might make us your guinea pigs on this, as these
services are not mission critical to us.

I've been experimenting a little with KVM in F10 and Intrepid, and
I've also found it fell short from being ready for production.
More than anything else, libvirtd and virt-maanger seem way too
immature.  For example, there's an option to freeze a vm to disk,
but there seems to be no way to restore it afterward ;-)

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/