[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Call for testing of Fedora 34 beta Sugar On A Stick

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 11:44:20 EDT 2021

> This is a call for testing of the upcoming Fedora 34 based Sugar on a Stick, which is now ready for testing on the following platforms:
>
> For 64-bit PCs, the ISO can be downloaded from:
>
> https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/34_Beta-1.3/Spins/x86_64/iso/Fedora-SoaS-Live-x86_64-34_Beta-1.3.iso
>
> The installer based version of SoaS for 32-bit ARM can be downloaded from https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/34_Beta-1.3/Spins/armhfp/images/Fedora-SoaS-34_Beta-1.3.armhfp.raw.xz
>
> ...and finally, we have a new variant of SoaS for 64-bit ARM devices, which is also installer-based, and available for download at https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/34_Beta-1.3/Spins/aarch64/images/Fedora-SoaS-34_Beta-1.3.aarch64.raw.xz
>
> Please test on real hardware if possible. All you need to do is download and write the image to a USB stick, with Fedora Media Writer, which can be downloaded from https://github.com/FedoraQt/MediaWriter/releases/tag/4.2.0

So the arm images aren't actually installer images, they're pre
installed images so similar to live images, details for installing
them are at the following link and I believe the Media Writer can be
used for images destined to run on Raspberry Pis
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Installation