[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2021 Ideas

Saumya Mishra 2017230 at iiitdmj.ac.in
Mon Jan 18 04:16:00 EST 2021

Hi,

Regarding `Port Sugar and core activities to Python 3` I think this is
still relevant and does not require changes to last year's project.
I also agree with Jui. As the number of hours is reduced, we can try to
reduce the number of items given in the 'Project Task checklist'. As Port
to Telepathy (https://github.com/orgs/sugarlabs/projects/4) here it shows
it is almost completed except for one activity remaining, it requires
minimal concern this year.
Port to the latest sugargame and collabwrapper, Port to Python 3 requires
major importance this year according to me. "Reviewing the Sugar source
code changes that were made for porting to Python 3" is also essential to
include in the task list.

Thanks
Saumya