[Sugar-devel] Participation in GSOC 2021

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jan 3 16:31:40 EST 2021

Thanks for your interest in GSoC 2021 at Sugar Labs.

We are yet to hear from the oversight board if Sugar Labs will
participate this year.  To participate, we need;

(a) active projects,

(b) active developers,

(c) developers with a capacity and willingness to mentor,

(d) developers to take on the administrator function,

(e) ideas for student projects,

(f) an application to, and acceptance by Google.

Sugarizer and Music Blocks are active at the moment, but Sugar has
been inactive since GSoC 2020.  My guess is we have two or three
developers per project with the capacity to mentor.

You can see our preparations last year at
https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC

On Sun, Jan 03, 2021 at 12:09:23AM +0530, jasbir singh wrote:
> Hii, My Name is Jasbir Singh, a 3rd year student at Army Institute of
> Technology, Pune.
>
> I am pretty confident in c++, python, HTML, CSS, Django, REST framework, MySQL,
> data structures, Algorithms and Machine learning. I have built some of the
> amazing projects using the mentioned technology stack.
>
> I am eagerly looking forward to participate in GSoC 2021 and contribute at
> Sugar Labs.
> I want to get gain experience and capitalize my technical and social skills by
> working in this vast open source community.
>
> Looking forward to work at Sugar Labs under your able guidance.
>
> Regards,
> Jasbir Singh

James Cameron
https://quozl.linux.org.au/