[Sugar-devel] Introduction

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Jan 1 19:14:32 EST 2021

Welcome.  Your experience with Django is immediately useful; we have a
Django app called Pootle on https://translate.sugarlabs.org/ that has
not been maintained recently.  We continue to have occasional
translators, but I don't think we have an active translation manager.

A few years ago, Bernie Innocenti wrote "Sysadmin documentation is in
the usual place (the wiki). There are several pages written by the
previous Pootle maintainers:

  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Service/translate
  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Service/Pootle
  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Service/Pootle2.5
  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Machine/pootle
"

Is that something you're interested in?

On Fri, Jan 01, 2021 at 02:16:37PM +0530, SHRAY TYAGI wrote:
> Hello, My name is Shray Tyagi and I am a 3rd-year BTech student at Vishwakarma
> Institute of Technology Pune. My technical knowledge includes python, React JS,
> Html, CSS,django, Mysql,data structures and basics of java, Machine learning, c
> , c++. Some of my projects include a basic django todo app, car showroom
> database management system, digit detection using neural networks, basic
> chatbot, etc. I am very much interested in participating in GSoC 2021. The main
> reason for doing GSoC is to get exposure to the developer's world and to work
> with new people. I am looking forward to working under sugarlabs.
>
> Regards,
> Shray Tyagi

James Cameron
https://quozl.linux.org.au/