[Sugar-devel] Sugar Sponsor

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Feb 9 19:42:18 EST 2021

On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 10:19:30PM +0000, D. Joe wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 08:33:18AM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> >  Ian hasn't made any commits to activities yet, so I
> > didn't think it likely he wanted a shell account.)
>
> This goes to my main point:
>
> I suspect
>
> a) the requirements Ian faces might be satisfied by making commits
> and successful pull requests

I agree.

> and
>
> b) Ian might be better served by looking at, eg, the information
> provided under "Join Us" rather than whatever led us to talking
> about account creation.

Yes.  I also sent Ian a copy of
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-docs/blob/master/src/sugar-labs-developer-howto.txt

> Was it made clear in the email to the sysadmin@ alias that an
> account wasn't just requested, but would be required for work with
> sugarlabs to qualify for the course?

It was the same text.  It looks like normal preparatory work made
complicated by our sprawling web presence.  I know what that's like, I
see it in other institutions.

--
James Cameron
https://quozl.linux.org.au/