[Sugar-devel] Sugar Sponsor

D. Joe sugarlabs at etrumeus.com
Tue Feb 9 13:49:49 EST 2021

On Thu, Feb 04, 2021 at 08:58:42AM -0500, Ian Dudderar wrote:
> Greetings!
> I am working with the computer science department of the College of Charleston.
> For our class, me and my group members are required to provide input on an open
> source project and we have chosen sugar. We would like to contribute in any way
> possible, and were wondering if we might be able to get access to a service
> account. The website states we would need a sponsor from a member. How can we
> get one?

Hi,

When you say "the website" could you be more specific? Sugar has a rather sprawling web presence some of which is more currently maintained than other parts.

For instance, on what I consider the "main" page, https://www.sugarlabs.org a search reveals no instances of the word "sponsor" at all.

I'd suggest, if you're truly open to offering any of a variety of contributions that you take a look at the Join Us section from the top of that page and see if something there might be helpful.

Looking through each page available from that menu I also did not find mention of sponsors. I don't doubt that there is mention of them somewhere (eg, accounts on sugarlabs machines to which James refers) but it's not clear to me why you'd drill all the way down to asking after that.

--
D. Joe