[Sugar-devel] How to start contributing to SugarLabs

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 08:57:17 EDT 2020

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 7:39 AM Shrey tripathi <shreytripathi27 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I am Shrey, a new contributor to Sugar. I am well--versed in Python and
> its web framework Flask and Django. I am also comfortable in Javascript and
> React, HTML, and CSS.
> Please provide pointers as to where and/or how should I start contributing
> to Sugar Labs.

Step 1 would be to review the "How to Contribute" section of the sugar-docs
repo [1].
Given your background, you could probably jump into any number of projects.
There are open issues throughout.
Is your motivation to get involved related to Google Summer of Code? If so,
you may also want to see [2].

> Thanks,
> Shrey Tripathi

[1] https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-docs