[Sugar-devel] [Announcement] Sugarizer v1.4 is available for your device
lionel.laske at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 16:20:24 EDT 2020
I'm proud to announce the version 1.4 of Sugarizer, the leading learning
platform for children.
New in this version:
- 8 new activities included:
- *Fraction activity*: Fraction activity is a game coming from Sugar
to learn fractions. The player should nudge a bouncing ball to land at a
point of a given fraction.
- *Planets activity*: An amazing 3D model of planets to let you
explore the Solar System.
- *Chess activity:* The famous game of Chess to play against the
computer or to challenge your friends.
- *Curriculum activity*: An activity to self-evaluate your skills.
Acquire different skills from multiple categories and upload
to demonstrate it.
- *Implode activity:* A logic game based on blocks: remove all the
blocks by removing blocks in groups of three or more. A very
that was a success on the XO laptop.
- *MindMath activity*: A mental calculation game similar to countdown
numbers rounds. Achieve a target number by performing mathematical
operations. Optimize your score against the computer and be better than
- *Vote activity:* Create a poll and share it with your friends in
one click. Result in real time and report at the end.
- *Tangram activity:* The famous classical Chinese game in which the
goal is to rearrange the seven separate pieces into a complete image of
- *Simon Mode in Tam Tam activity:* Choose your instrument then play
this famous version of Simon Says against your computer.
- *Improved User Experience*: Join activity in Neighborhood view in one
click, Improved home view spiral, Duplicate journal entries, Better
keyboard handling in Android, Auto logoff mode.
- *Improved stability:* more than 30 fix and update on Sugarizer and
A short animation of these features is visible here:
A full description of Sugarizer activities with demo video, category and
recommended age is available on https://sugarizer.org/activities.html
New features of Sugarizer are decided by users, suggest yours for the next
Sugarizer 1.4 is available on your browser  but also for your Android,
iOS, Linux, MacOS or Windows device. Download it from : Google Play ,
Amazon Store , Apple Store , F-droid , snapcraft  and if you
don't like stores, you could also install it by yourself using instructions
on the Sugarizer website .
On Android, Sugarizer could also replace your launcher with Sugarizer OS
And if you want to deploy Sugarizer Server for your school, follow
instructions here .
P.S.: Special thanks for their contribution on this version to Dhruv Misra
(Fraction activity, Curriculum activity, Vote activity), Prakash Ujjwal
(Chess activity, MindMath activity, Tangram activity), Andrea Gonzales
(Planets activity), Sarthak Gupta (Implode activity), Kumar Saurabh Raj
(Simon mode), Paulo Francisco Slomp (Portuguese localization) and Christoph
Derndorfer (German localization). Many thanks also to all Google Summer of
Code students and mentors who made this release possible.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sugar-devel