[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Trisquel image Ready for testing.

Martin Guy martinwguy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 03:54:35 EST 2020

On 19/11/2020, Ruben <ruben at fsf.org> wrote:
> On 11/4/20 4:34 PM, Martin Guy wrote:
>> I have managed to get all the Activities in Etiona installed.
> Could you describe your overall build goal?

My goal was a Sugar live system with lots of activities that works on
32-bit hardware, which is the cheapest for poor people (old laptops).
Of the available live systems, none of them got anywhere near this,
leaving Sugar Live Build as the only candidate, but it is a base
system, not an end-user product.

I am hoping that the Trisquel 386 image achieves this goal and look
forward to testing it.
Its only disadvantage compared to SLB is its relatively low visibility
compared to, say, Fedora Sugar on a Stick, which has high visibility
and is probably where most people would go first. Unfortunately its
page is still trumpeting the F33 release, which simply does not work
at all, leaving many people thinking "Oh. It doesn't work." and giving
up there.

Meanwhile I am still happy to maintain Sugar Live Build as its rough
corners are few.