[Sugar-devel] Some questions about Sugar and Sugar Live Build

Jui Pradhan juipradhan2k at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 10:10:57 EST 2020

Hi Martin,

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 7:34 PM Martin Guy <martinwguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>   I have a couple of questions about Sugar and SLB that I haven't
> managed to answer yet, so if anyone knows, that would be a boost for
> me.
>
> * What difference does it make if one selects a different age group
>   at the startup screen? Also, if it's "nothing" as it seems, where
>   would I look to change SLB to make it skip the color and age
>   selection screens?

I'm not exactly sure how the age group makes a difference at the moment.
However, I don't think skipping the color selection screen is a good idea.
The XO-color you choose is used to distinguish players for the activities
which include collaboration.

> * With a Live system, how does one change the language and
>   keyboard layout? (One option for me is to produce a range of
>   language-specific ISOs, each configured during the build for
>   a different language/kdb pair)

Go to my Settings>Language to set the language preference. If a specific
activity does not have translations added for your preference one language,
it displays the text in your second language preference.
For the Keyboard: Settings>Keyboard you can choose your keyboard layouts
and add them using the `+` option. Make sure to restart your live build for
the changes to apply.

> Thanks

Jui Pradhan