[Sugar-devel] Where to fetch activities from for a live build and how to auto-select many?

Martin Guy martinwguy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 06:58:08 EST 2020

Thanks, that's all useful info.

On 08/11/2020, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 07, 2020 at 09:58:39PM +0000, Martin Guy wrote:
>>   For the Sugar Live Build Games or Everything, I'm curently fetching
>> Activities from under github.com/sugarlabs
>> Should I be fetching these from activities.sugarlabs.org?
>
> activities.sugarlabs.org is used to release activities that run on the
> OLPC XO laptops, which run Fedora 18.

Well, some of those I tried adding to a Debian x86 install worked
fine, so the hardware and system are compatible, while others failed
to start up (but I didn't investigate why, as I was choosing at
random)

>> Also, if i want to include, say all the Games in an image, or indeed,
>> every activity on actiities.sl.o, how would I go about this?
>
> I don't think you'd want to.  It would take you too long to test
> them.

Right. I tend to forget that I'm dealing with old software.

> What you're doing is curating a collection.  This is a valuable step.

Well, I want something that works well, with good apps of high quality
that work on as many machines as possible, and I want that as soon as
possible.
I won't be evaluating Activities myself (I am too ignorant for that,
so will follow other people's wisdom) and will not be fixing them
unless they are already esteemed and the fix is trivial.
I already have a SLB 386 clone of the Trisquel Etiona Sugar Toast
selection, so the only other thing I have in mind at this point is to
look at the Sugarizer and Fedora Spin selections to make a kind of
union of the three sets.

Thanks again