[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2020 Sugar team meeting 11-May-20

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed May 13 03:40:44 EDT 2020

Thanks for the summary, Shaan.  You did well, it was a long meeting.
Other things that I mentioned were;

- check that you are subscribed to the pkg-sugar-devel@

- although this is a GSoC 2020 project for Sugar Labs, much of what
  you do will be recorded in Debian Project resources, like bug
  trackers and mailing lists; so keep me informed,

- roles and responsibilities of a GSoC mentor, I'm glad to say, do not
  include training and teaching you in the technology you'll be using;
  my experience with Debian packaging is quite limited, so often
  I'll need you to engage with Debian Project resources and people;
  and let me watch and learn,

- there's no coordination, so do not be surprised if someone in the
  Debian Project fixes a problem before you had planned to do so,

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/