[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2020 Proposals received

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Mar 31 16:11:34 EDT 2020

Thank you students.  We received forty-nine (49) proposals on our
dashboard.  Two proposals were immediately ignored as they were
unrelated to Sugar Labs.

Our mentors will now review the proposals along with student
contributions to Sugar Labs.  We have until 22nd April to make our
project slots request to Google.

Here is the list of proposals by project idea.  Where more than one
proposal was received for an idea, the quantity of proposals is in
parentheses;

- Port Sugar and core activities to Python 3 (qty 3),

- Improve and maintain 25 Sugar activities (qty 3),

- Export Music Blocks code to JavaScript (qty 2),

- Music Blocks Scale Degree vs n^th Modal Pitch (qty 1),

- Colored desktop and activity icons (qty 1),

- Port Sugarizer activities to Sugar (qty 3),

- Fedora advocacy for Sugar,

- Debian advocacy for Sugar (qty 3),

- Sugar app store for Python 3 activities (qty 5),

- Resolve 100 issues in Music Blocks (qty 3),

- Model–View–Controller refactoring for Music Blocks,

- Sugarizer game activity pack (qty 10),

- Sugarizer knowledge activity pack (qty 5),

- Sugarizer School Portal (qty 4),

- New science themed activities [NOVEL IDEA],

There were 42 students.  Seven (7) students made two proposals, the
remainder made one proposal.

Many of the proposals were not shared on our mailing list.  This is a
choice students can make.

Some of the students have not subscribed to our mailing list.  Please
let me know if you are a student who has subscribed with a different
mail address to what you used with your GSoC registration.

Not sure if you are doing the optional things that we value?  Please
read; https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC#right-fit

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/