[Sugar-devel] Regarding GSoC Music Blocks JavaScript export

Anindya Kundu anindyaak007 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 05:16:48 EDT 2020

I am a little late in this. I've read the idea mentioned in the Ideas
markdown file. I've also read two queries answered by Walter Bender and
Sumit Srivastava, in the mailing list.

I find that the key point is to be able to show the mapping between a block
in the canvas with a JavaScript token (e.g. function, variable, operator,
etc.), and their structuring. I've broken down the my interpretation into 3
parts, as follows:
1. An independent HTML file that displays the block stacks.
2. An independent and valid JavaScript file whose tokens and structuring
corresponds to the block stacks.
3. The possibility to run the JavaScript file that would have the same
effect as clicking the 'play' button on the HTML file.

Is my understanding correct? Please let me know.