[Sugar-devel] Journal in sugar python activity

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Mar 19 18:16:54 EDT 2020

Every activity creates a Journal object, simply as a consequence of
starting, and this is accessed using self.

Some activities may create additional Journal objects, such as when
exporting, and this cannot be accessed using self.

So the difference is in what user action the Journal object can be
assigned to; running an activity, or some activity feature.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:43:36PM +0530, prakash ujjwal wrote:
> In some activities we, store data or set metadata in journal by first creating
> jobject using datastore.create() then set jobject.metadat["title"] = .....
> But in some activities there is using of
> self.metadata["title"]=....
> i.e without using datastore.create()
>
> What is the difference between these two?

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/