[Sugar-devel] GSOC 2020 idea discussion

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 08:48:27 EDT 2020

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 4:07 PM Gaurav Punjabi <gaurav.bpunjabi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey everyone,
> I'm Gaurav Punjabi, a 3rd Year CS Student from India. I'm looking forward
> to apply for GSOC 2020 with sugar labs. I have gone through the ideas list
> and I'm interested in the following 2 issues
>    1. Model–View–Controller refactoring for Music Blocks
>    2. Sugarizer School Portal
> Can anyone help me on where to start. Like which issues should I work that
> would be related to these ideas and how should I proceed further to discuss
> the ideas with the respective mentors.

Please look through the GSoC repo [1] and the Sugar Docs repo [2] for
details on how to get involved. Demonstration of skills and commitment are
a large factor in our decision making process.
Regarding the Music Blocks project, feel free to ask me any
specif questions you may have and please do try to tackle a few open issues
(of find a new bug and fix it).

regards.

-walter

[1] https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC