[Sugar-devel] Sugar-devel] Proposal: moving "assisting mentors" back to role for GSoC 2020

Lionel Laské lionel.laske at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 07:23:12 EDT 2020

Hi James,

Thanks for this.

I think that assisting mentor notion has no sense.
We need to have one mentor that lead the project with some co-mentors to
supply him when/if he's unavailable. Each mentor could ask help or advice
to other members of the community if needed, we don't need to identify
these guys as "Assisting mentor".

As Stephanie said in the thread you mention: "Unfortunately some people
want to be a mentor because they think it will look good on their resume,
these are not the folks you want to be mentoring students.". I'm afraid
it's the same thing with "Assisting mentor".

Regards.

          Lionel.