[Sugar-devel] Run Sugar activity

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Mar 9 15:43:22 EDT 2020

Welome Jui,

Your message was rejected by the mailing list for being too large.  We
have 620 subscribers to the mailing list, and forwarding a large
message to all of them, especially when most of them don't want to
look at the attachments, can damage us all.  Please upload any videos
and provide links.

We try not to add .po files directly, instead we use a web site
https://translate.sugarlabs.org/ to capture translations and merge
them later using activity-translations in the sugar-tools repository.

When testing activities from GitHub, be sure to place them in the
Sugar activity paths; there are two;

/usr/share/sugar/activities/

~/Activities/

The directory must be named N.activity, where N can be anything but is
usually the activity name.

Sugar will rescan these directories when they change.  When the scan
happens between when the directory is created and the activity.info
file is written, Sugar may disregard the directory.  This can be
worked around by either restarting Sugar or changing the modification
time of the directory.

Yes, I've seen the status icons on the Frame disappear, but I thought
it was a GTK problem because it happened after a GTK upgrade.  Let us
know if you can fix this.  It is tracked in
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/issues/819

No, I've not seen the Terminal icon stuck over the top of the Journal
and Home View as shown in your second video.  But your video does not
show the time leading up to this; can you describe what you did to
cause this?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/