[Sugar-devel] Contributing through GSoC

shaansubbaiah.cs18 at bmsce.ac.in shaansubbaiah.cs18 at bmsce.ac.in
Sun Mar 8 10:17:33 EDT 2020

 Hi Srevin,
    I have tried installing Sugar for Arch from your repo(from the stable directory), had problems with the installer script. I'm not sure if it runs on vanilla Arch but I was unable to get it work on a fresh install of Manjaro. I have forked the repo (https://github.com/shaansubbaiah/sugar-arch/blob/master/stable/autoinstall.sh) and made slight changes in the installer script with which I got it working.
    Even after getting the installer script to work, some packages like sugar-artwork fail to build due to empy missing. Even after installing empy it failed. Seems to be a common issue ? (https://www.gitmemory.com/issue/sugarlabs/sugar/896/569960865)

    Could you advise how to proceed?
Thanks,
Shaan