[Sugar-devel] Regarding Project in GSoC

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 19:44:42 EST 2020

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 3:25 PM b18050 b18050 <b18050 at students.iitmandi.ac.in>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I am Chandan Prakash , want to know where and when to start discussing
> about projects in GSoC. Since , I did not find any discussion here
> regarding GSoC projects. Like I want to know more about
>
> https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC/blob/master/Ideas-2020.md#modelviewcontroller-refactoring-for-music-blocks
> this project. So , how can I connect with the mentors.

I'm a bit puzzled that you don't know how to connect with me since we've
been discussing your various PRs for several months now. Of course,
utilizing the mailing list is ideal as it gives the broader community a
window into the discussion.

Since you are somewhat familiar with the code now, let me give an example:

Bottersnike made some headway with the widget library by
introducing widgetWindows.js, a common framework for the View component of
model. We need additional work to separate the controllers from the models
for the widgets. Isolating the model would make your work on
https://github.com/sugarlabs/musicblocks/issues/2017 since much of the
complexity of RhythmMaker is due to the convolution of the model and the
controller.

Happy to discuss further.

regards.

-walter