[Sugar-devel] Regarding Project in GSoC

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Mar 5 15:43:44 EST 2020

Hello Chandan, thanks for asking.

Where; here on this mailing list, or on GitHub repository for Music
Blocks in a project or issue.  You might create an issue, and link to
it from the project ideas.

When; immediately.  There's no reason to wait.

Mentors vary in preferred contact method.  Mentors for this project
idea have not asked for contact by mailing list.  Coding mentors are
Walter Bender and Favour Kelvin.  Assisting mentor is Devin Ulibarri.

You subscribed on 6th December.  In the past month there has been very
little discussion about any GSoC project ideas.  It may be that we
won't be able to find any proposals that meet our ideal of perfection,
and may have to settle for lesser proposals.

There's a new section "Right fit" on https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC
that may be of interest.  Our ideal student is one that will be
involved for a long time after GSoC ends.

Thanks for your activity on the Music Blocks repository.  I've seen
every one of those notifications.  ;-)

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 01:55:00AM +0530, b18050 b18050 wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I am Chandan Prakash , want to know where and when to start discussing about
> projects in GSoC. Since , I did not find any discussion here regarding GSoC
> projects. Like I want to know more about
> [1]https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC/blob/master/Ideas-2020.md#
> modelviewcontroller-refactoring-for-music-blocks
> this project. So , how can I connect with the mentors.
>
> thanks.

> [1] https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC/blob/master/Ideas-2020.md#modelviewcontroller-refactoring-for-music-blocks

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/