[Sugar-devel] Proposal to move communication to other platform

D. Joe sugarlabs at etrumeus.com
Wed Mar 4 19:28:34 EST 2020

On Thu, Mar 05, 2020 at 02:51:09AM +0530, Sumit Srivastava wrote:

> About three years down the line, here's what I learnt:
>
> 1. Installed two IRC clients for mobile access: Riot.im and IRCCloud

Just a point of clarification: Riot.im is a matrix client, not an IRC client.

The team leading matrix development and the freenode network hosting #sugar cooperate to provide and manage a bridge between the two systems. Riot taps into the matrix side of that bridge.

IRCCloud can be considered an IRC client, I guess, but it's also more than that: It's a service with multiple tiers, including free-of-charge and fee-for-service, to provide yet another app and web front end for those who want such things. Some people seem to like it.