[Sugar-devel] Sugar Screens/Canvas

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Mar 3 16:12:07 EST 2020

Thanks for looking into CardSort activity size [1].

What appears on screen is defined in the __init__ function of the
CardSortActivity class [2].

The call to Activity.set_canvas on line 96 connects a Gtk.DrawingArea
widget with the canvas space; that is the whole screen below the
toolbar.

Then the Gtk.DrawingArea widget is passed to the Game function for it
to draw upon [3].  The drawing occurs in response to the widget draw
callback, not an expose callback.  There's some old code from GTK 2
API that was left behind and is unlikely to be needed.

I'm not sure which grid you are asking about.  There are several grid
concepts.