[Sugar-devel] Query regarding development setup for sugar activiities

Srevin Saju srevinsaju at sugarlabs.org
Mon Jun 8 14:23:21 EDT 2020

Oops, you got the wrong sucrose.

sucrose is not distributed on pypi, i.e, PIP. On ubuntu 18.04, the
suggested method is to build sugar development environment, I guess you
missed that part;

The latest version of sugar repository is not available on Bionic Beaver
(18.04). See https://pkgs.org/search/?q=sucrose; So that means you have
to build it, to make it work!

But, its simple, but make sure you follow all the instructions
carefully; in case you miss one step, the rest of them goes awry.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/blob/master/docs/development-environment.md#native-sugar

Let me know if you face any issues in between the steps

--
V/r
Srevin Saju