[Sugar-devel] Ideal futures for the "I Know" Sugar activities

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jan 26 18:37:55 EST 2020

Some recent activity maintenance has been too focused.  ;-)

Our "I Know" or "Conozco" series of activities, except for I Know My
ABCs, are 2D map displays for learning relative positions of
geographic and geopolitical features.

On GitHub we have;

https://github.com/sugarlabs/iknowAmerica
https://github.com/sugarlabs/iknowPeru
https://github.com/sugarlabs/iknowSriLanka
https://github.com/sugarlabs/iknowUruguay
https://github.com/sugarlabs/iknowMadagascar
https://github.com/sugarlabs/iknowRwanda
https://github.com/sugarlabs/iknowIndia

On Gitorious we have some of the above plus;

http://git.sugarlabs.org/conozco-mexico
http://git.sugarlabs.org/conozco-paraguay
http://git.sugarlabs.org/conozco-nicaragua

An "Editor" activity is for making new instances of the activity.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/iknowEditor

Each of the repositories is in some state of disrepair or lag.

A plan may be;

1.  if not yet present, add the repository to GitHub, by creating a
new repository, pulling from the Gitorious repository, and then
pushing,

2.  add git tags to correspond to bundles on activities.sugarlabs.org,
and mirror sites,

3.  try to use common code across the set of activities,

4.  port to GTK 3, and Sugargame v1.2,

5.  remove use of sys.exit in favour of the Sugargame v1.2 exit method,

6.  port to Python 3, and Sugargame v1.3,

7.  update translations from translate.sugarlabs.org,

8.  release bundles.

Comments?

--
James Cameron