[Sugar-devel] facing difficulties in setting up sugar development environment

ayushman khurana khuranaayushman999 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 10:10:13 EST 2020

hello,
I am Ayushman, from India.
i am acing difficulties  in setting up sugar development environment.

 - i have installed sucrose in my ubuntu 18.04. here sugar-activity .
command is working while sugar-activity3 . command is not working.
her my activities are in usr/share/sugar/activities

- i have created a bootable flash drive using sugar debian live build
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/blob/master/docs/development-environment.md#sugar-live-build

now i can boot from pen drive successfully and use sugar-dekstop.
but the i am not understanding how to test the activities i will write.
do i have to create a Activities folder in my ubuntu and create new
activity in it computer and when i boot from debian sugar build pen drive
would it automatically detect that new activity or Activities folder ( or )
i have to create a Activites folder by terminal activity in sugar
desktop live build?
the first option didn't work i tried.

 - now i tried sugar native build
here i am getting No module named 'decorator' in sugar-activity3 .
and No module named request in sugar-activity . command

I am so much confused.
please help me and also tell me how to remove sugar installed via native
build so that i can try again.