[Sugar-devel] [HELP] Introduction, GSOC 2020

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jan 14 17:01:48 EST 2020

Welcome Abhishek,

Of the opportunities to contribute, no more than about 2% are registered as issues.  You should not use issues alone as a way to contribute.

Other formal opportunities are listed as GitHub projects in the sugarlabs organisation account, as GCI tasks, and as TODO or FIXME lines.  We also have an instance of trac at bugs.sugarlabs.org with more problem reports than we can ever solve.

I've not seen your prior work, so I can't suggest anything in particular.  I suggest you use my mailing list post "How to get started as a Sugar Labs developer [v8]" which you'll find in the mailing list archives on 18th November.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 06:23:19AM +0530, Abhishek Tanwar wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I am Abhishek Tanwar, a 3rd year Information Technology(IT) student from
> Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Engineering ,New Delhi India . I am very
> impressed by the mission of Sugar Labs as a community and want to contribute
> for the same to Sugar Labs .
>
> I am also looking to do GSOC 2020 with Sugar Labs as I have been researching
> and exploring different branches under Sugar Labs. I have Sugar desktop
> environment setup and made a couple of activities to get familiar with the
> working environment and Sugar Labs in general.I have a good experience with
> python, javascript , Ethereum(Blockchain).
>
> Now I want to start contributing with the sugar labs community but I can't find
> any end to start from. I have gone through the issues listed in Sugar Labs
> Github repository but couldn't contribute.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Also, I am sorry if I made any mistakes in this email . Please correct me if I
> am wrong anywhere.
>
> Thank You
> Abhishek Tanwar

James Cameron