[Sugar-devel] [SLOBS] Important Update on the Slob Elections 2019-2021

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 14:35:45 EST 2020

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 10:34 AM Vipul Gupta <vipulgupta2048 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> Over the past couple of days, there have been some important updates
> regarding the upcoming SLOB elections. These are as follows,
>
> 1. The Sugar Labs oversight board has unanimously agreed to the motion of
> changing the name of the election to *2019-21*, the decision is
> underlined below.
>
> Agreed Motion 2020-02; this late election to be renamed 2019-2021, and
>> that the seats to vacate be either three or four, per our governance
>> rule "positions on the board will be on a two-year staggered basis".
>

> You can find the information regarding the election and the candidates
> here, https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/2019-2021-candidates
> (We are still migrating information of candidates and will finish that up
> soon)
>
> 2. In regards to the same, the seats to be vacated has to be either three
> or four for the election to take place. There is one (1) additional slot
> available after the resignation of Walter Bender from the oversight board.
> Walter will still be closely associated with all activities of Sugar Labs.

Point of clarification. I am vacating my seat as of 31 January to make room
for the 3rd slot so we can rebalance our board seats as per the guidelines.
I plan to run for one of the 4 seats that will open up in the 2020-2022
election at the end of this calendar year.

3.  After a discussion with the election committee, I have decided the
> election will take place from *15th January to 31st January 2020*.
> Results will be declared soon after that.
>
> That would be all for the moment. Hoping to see you all vote for the
> upcoming elections! Expecting a bigger turnout. As always, do reach out if
> you have any questions.
>
> Thanks,
> Vipul Gupta
> @vipulgupta2048 <https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Vipulgupta2048>