[Sugar-devel] Important Update on the Slob Elections 2019-2021

Vipul Gupta vipulgupta2048 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 10:33:55 EST 2020

Hello everyone,
Over the past couple of days, there have been some important updates
regarding the upcoming SLOB elections. These are as follows,

1. The Sugar Labs oversight board has unanimously agreed to the motion of
changing the name of the election to *2019-21*, the decision is
underlined below.

Agreed Motion 2020-02; this late election to be renamed 2019-2021, and
> that the seats to vacate be either three or four, per our governance
> rule "positions on the board will be on a two-year staggered basis".

You can find the information regarding the election and the candidates
here, https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/2019-2021-candidates
(We are still migrating information of candidates and will finish that up
soon)

2. In regards to the same, the seats to be vacated has to be either three
or four for the election to take place. There is one (1) additional slot
available after the resignation of Walter Bender from the oversight board.
Walter will still be closely associated with all activities of Sugar Labs.

3.  After a discussion with the election committee, I have decided the
election will take place from *15th January to 31st January 2020*. Results
will be declared soon after that.

That would be all for the moment. Hoping to see you all vote for the
upcoming elections! Expecting a bigger turnout. As always, do reach out if
you have any questions.

Thanks,
Vipul Gupta
@vipulgupta2048 <https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Vipulgupta2048>