[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Open Source Hackathon Mentorship Invitation

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 21:47:04 EST 2020

Of possible interest.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Misha Patel <misha.patel at hackillinois.org>
Date: Wed, Feb 19, 2020, 3:13 PM
Subject: Open Source Hackathon Mentorship Invitation
To: <walter at sugarlabs.org>

Hello,

My name is Misha Patel and I’m reaching out on behalf of the HackIllinois
Outreach team. HackIllinois is a 36-hour collegiate Open Source hackathon
that takes place annually at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
This year, it will be from February 28th-March 1st, 2020. Our mission is to
introduce college students to Open Source, while giving back to the
community. We strive to create a collaborative environment in which our
attendees can learn from and work with developers to make their own
contributions. In past years, we’ve had developers from prominent projects
such as npm, Rust, and Apache come to mentor students from our pool of 900+
attendees.

We’d love it if you could pass along this message to the Sugar Labs
community or any individuals you believe would be interested. We will
provide meals throughout the event and can reimburse for travel and lodging
up to a certain amount depending on where in the US people are coming from.
More information on mentorship can be found at hackillinois.org/mentor. You
can also visit opensource.hackillinois.org to see what kinds of projects
were represented at our event last year.

Best,
Misha Patel
HackIllinois 2020 Outreach Director