[Sugar-devel] Previous year GSoC proposals

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Feb 20 05:59:55 EST 2020

Thanks for asking.

For structure, we have a proposal template;
https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC/blob/master/Template.md

For conditions, we have listed what a proposal for Sugar Labs must
have before we will ask Google to review it;
https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC#want-to-work-with-us-

For history, many of the proposals from last year can be seen on our
mailing list archives for the month, and the month after;
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2019-March/thread.html
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2019-April/thread.html
(many of these proposals were defective in some way, so take care not
to use them as guidance without forethought).

Advice from Google Summer of Code for writing a proposal;
https://google.github.io/gsocguides/student/writing-a-proposal

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/