[Sugar-devel] Sugar for Ubuntu 20.04

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Feb 13 22:57:20 EST 2020

I've packaged Sugar and several activities for Ubuntu 20.04.  Is
anyone interested in joining in?

- download an Ubuntu Daily Live desktop image, and install on a VM,
  desktop or laptop,
  http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/
  (focal-desktop-amd64.iso 2.4 GB dated 2020-01-24; this is working
  for me, later versions may have regressions),

- add my package repository to software sources list, as root;

  echo "deb [trusted=yes arch=amd64]" \
       "http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/.us focal main" \
           > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/olpc.sources.list
  apt update

- install the sucrose package,

  apt install sucrose

- reboot (so that gdm3 re-reads available session types),

- select the Sugar desktop in the gdm3 greeter, and login.

When reporting any issues, please identify this configuration as
Ubuntu 20.04 Focal daily build with @quozl's package repository.

This is all Python 3, but also supports Python 2 activities.  I've
also mixed version Python 2 and Python 3 toolkit packages for Ubuntu
18.04 which help with packaging.  Let me know if interested.

Thanks!

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/