[Sugar-devel] Facing problem in setting sugar software in Ubuntu

Chinmay Kothari chinmay3199 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 02:37:05 EST 2020

Hi James,
Thanks for your reply.

I am using Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS verison.

I am installing sugar-artwork form git master branch.

I am supposed to run autogen.sh file and then make and make install
command. But after running autogen.sh following comes up-

configure.ac:10: warning: macro 'AM_DISABLE_STATIC' not found in library
gtk/engine/Makefile.am:5: error: Libtool library used but 'LIBTOOL' is
undefined
gtk/engine/Makefile.am:5:   The usual way to define 'LIBTOOL' is to add
'LT_INIT'
gtk/engine/Makefile.am:5:   to 'configure.ac' and run 'aclocal' and
'autoconf' again.
gtk/engine/Makefile.am:5:   If 'LT_INIT' is in 'configure.ac', make sure
gtk/engine/Makefile.am:5:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
./configure: line 2547: AM_DISABLE_STATIC: command not found
./configure: line 2549: syntax error near unexpected token `0.19'
./configure: line 2549: `PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG(0.19)'

Then on using make command -
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I am also attaching the screenshot of the terminal.

I am looking forward to doing some open source contribution and after going
through a lot organizations in GSOC archives Sugarlabs appeals to. me the
most. I am looking forward to work in the sugar development platform.

Thanks again for coming out to help!

Regards