[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2020 guidance

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 08:13:13 EST 2020

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 12:51 PM Ridhish Jain <ultimate.ridhish at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I am Ridhish Jain, Full-stack web developer, UG at IIT Dhanbad.
> I am a GSoC aspirant and would love to do GSoC in this organization.
> I went through 2019 idea-list and found these projects interesting:
> Platforms for Music Blocks
> Reconciling rhythm with pitch in Music Blocks widgets
> Export Music Blocks code to JavaScript
> Expand Sugarizer Exerciser activity
> Write activity for Sugarizer
> Improve Sugarizer Server Dashboard
> Some of them were in 2019 list of completed projects. Is anyone of them
> going to appear again?

The ones that were completed are presumably completed and will not
reappear. There is a new (still growing) list of projects here [1].

FWIW, your best chance at being accepted into GSoC 2020 is to make some
contributions to our codebase so we can both evaluate your skills and your
ability to work within out community.

regards.

-walter

[1] https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC/blob/master/Ideas-2020.md