[Sugar-devel] GsoC plan for upcoming weeks - 2nd August 2020

Saumya Mishra 2017230 at iiitdmj.ac.in
Sat Aug 1 16:43:44 EDT 2020

Hello all,

I am working on a GSoC project named Port Sugar and Core Activities to
Python3.
I have made a plan for the next 3 weeks of GSoC. It contains activities I
am going to focus on along with the work I will be doing during the third
phase of GSoC.

--* infoslicer*:  need to redesign the workflow for the activity as
suggested by James and Ibiam.#34
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/infoslicer/pull/34>
-- *Starchart*: Port to Gtk3 is incomplete, Need to fix. #8
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/starchart/pull/8>
-- *flipsticks*: Port to Python 3 is almost complete, need to discuss with
mentors. #6 <https://github.com/sugarlabs/flipsticks/pull/6>
-- *activity-turtle-flags*: Port to Python 3 is complete, need to test. #8
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/activity-turtle-flags/pull/8>
-- *Cartoon-builder*: Port to Python 3 is complete, need to fix
collaboration. #13 <https://github.com/sugarlabs/cartoon-builder/pull/13>
-- *showntell-activity*: Port to Python 3 is complete, need to test
broadly. #16 <https://github.com/sugarlabs/showntell-activity/pull/16>
-- *CookieSearch*: Port to Python 3 is complete, need to fix collaboration.
#21 <https://github.com/sugarlabs/cookie-search-activity/pull/21>
-- *Frotz*: Port to Python 3 is complete. Need to test and fix VTE errors.
#7 <https://github.com/sugarlabs/Frotz/pull/7>
-- *geotonky*:  Need to redesign the workflow as we use in activities with
Sugargame. #4 <https://github.com/sugarlabs/geotonky-activity/pull/4>
-- *arithmetic*: Port to Python 3 is complete, yet activity not in working
state. Need to fix issues faced while testing. #7
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/arithmetic/pull/7>
--* VncLauncher*: Need to fix issues raised by reviewers and mentors. #9
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/VncLauncher/pull/9>
-- *reflection*: Port to Collabwrapper
-- *Yupana*: Port to Collabwrapper
-- *Colordeducto*: Port to Collabwrapper
--* deducto*: Port to Collabwrapper

I will update the plans if required and will make some additions from time
to time. Also, I will try to review other people's work and will open
issues wherever required.
Any suggestion is welcomed.
Thanks and Regards
Saumya Mishra