[Sugar-devel] Updates: Python3 app store (aslov4)

sugar at radii.dev sugar at radii.dev
Sun Apr 26 00:21:04 EDT 2020

Thanks a lot! for the feedback. I have indented info.json file as well and linted python files using flake8 (except some false-positives & block comment remarks). I will address rest of the feedback when I will be working on project next time.

> The Browse activity in Sugar uses WebKit as an embedded browser, so
> that's the browser that will be used most.  Please add that to your
> test process.

I am testing with Browse activity, thanks for informing it’s using WebKit engine. So, that means testing it with Epiphany browser in lieu of WebKit itself should also work?

> Copyright; please add your copyright to main.py.
>
> License; please add a license grant after your copyright in main.py;
> you have included AGPLv3 as a file, but have not followed the section
> "How to Apply These Terms to Your New Programs".

Yes, copyright & license is in To-Do list on README.md. It will be addressed next time.

> User experience; the per-activity page seems redundant; there's no
> additional information, and so the download link could have been
> included in the search results instead of a link to the per-activity
> page.

I plan on adding detailed description and gallery parts in activity page besides activity details specified in requirements. Where available, these can be sourced from aslo. Activities page will also serve for possible future extensions such as adding rating & reviews. But yeah, there should be direct install/download button on search page.

UI of prototype is just for demonstration of search functionality. Exact presentation of information and UI design will be worked on but search results might be displayed something like:

[ ICON] Activity Name
Summary if exists, else if Description if exists,  else if first 50 words/5 sentences of detailed description if exists, else nothing
TAG1, TAG2, TAG3
[Install/download button w/ version no. underneath it]

There would be no Summary, Description or Tags heading. This is just for letting know in demo what is the source of information.

> Show the version of the activity.
>
> Draw icons on a white background.
>
> Bundle files should include a version number, so that if they are
> downloaded they do not get renamed by browsers.
>
> Bundle files could be hard linked instead of copied.  This will be
> faster.

Got it 👍

> Tags could be sent through an initial uppercase filter.

Tags should be shown in ALL CAPS?

> A view by unique tags.

Option to filter result by tags? Awesome idea. Will do it.

Waiting for more through feedback as you get time.

Regards,
Manish

Apr 25, 2020, 11:12 by quozl at laptop.org: