[Sugar-devel] What are all activity bundle sources & how to interpret differect exec values in activity.info files

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Apr 23 02:02:46 EDT 2020

Thanks Manish,

There is no reliable way to prove a bundle does not contain Python 2,
Python 3, or JavaScript code.  While the exec value in metadata does
indicate a probability, it is not accurate.

I don't think we want any automated process for generating the static
app store from any of our existing bundle collections.  We have no
Python 3 collection yet, because we have no app store yet.

Your app store generator ought to use as input a bundle collection
specified as a filesystem directory.  One of the minimum requirements
[1] is to support activity bundles uploaded via SSH; which means they
could be used either as a filesystem directory when the generator runs
on the downloads web server, or as an HTTP URL which uses requests to
download the collection, or a set of URLs.

I recommend against any _execution_ of the activity bundles, because
of the security risks, so please don't use setup.py.