[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2020 Slot Requests

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Apr 22 19:33:37 EDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 06:47:59AM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 02:39:39PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 03:26:07PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> > > By 22nd April we are to make our slot request; the number of projects
> > > we are willing to run.
> >
> > Our slot request was minimum 9 maximum 11.
>
> GSoC team have allocated nine slots to Sugar Labs.

Based on coordination with Lionel and Walter, I have selected our nine
projects and allocated a Sugar Labs mentor to each project.  Three
projects for Sugar, three for Sugarizer, and three for Music Blocks.

As there's a possibility that students may be claimed by other
organisations, I've kept a couple of proposals in reserve.  I've
marked all other proposals as "ignored", so that the list is easier
for our mentors to see.

Google are to announce selected students on 4th May after final check
of suitability.

Mentors, please do not tell the students they have been selected, as
the situation could change before the announcement.

Students are welcome to contribute to Sugar Labs meanwhile.  We do ask
that if you have to stop contributing you say so.  We can finish up
pull requests for you, sometimes.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/