[Sugar-devel] Proposal to build app store for python 3 activities

sugar at radii.dev sugar at radii.dev
Sun Apr 12 09:06:31 EDT 2020

Unified App Store

Once the app store is built with all the specified requirements, we can with minimal effort turn it into the unified app store for all activities including python 2 (though all would be ported to python 3), JavaScript and those (if any) written in other languages. Based on user-agent we can decide:

Sugar OS - all activities including JS written for Sugar and Sugarizer
Old Sugar OS - python 2 activities (was there any support to run JS written activities?)
All other - Sugarizer activities unless toggled to show all

This combined with building native app store (again with minor modification to web app store) which is geared only towards students for searching, browsing, installing and uninstalling apps would provide single app store codebase for entire platform.

Please provide your comments on the idea. If idea is supported by the community than I can work towards building it.

Regards,
Manish

Apr 12, 2020, 01:18 by sugar at radii.dev: