[Sugar-devel] Regarding opening one Sugar activity from inside another

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon May 27 19:58:59 EDT 2019

Try using sugar3.activity.activity.launch_bundle

https://developer.sugarlabs.org/sugar3/sugar3.activity.activity.html#sugar3.activity.activity.launch_bundle

Create a journal object, then launch.

It works by making a remote procedure call over D-Bus to the Journal
activity.  Sugar should be running at the time.

launch_bundle is used by Browse and Get Books.

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 11:59:17PM +0530, Swarup N wrote:
> Hi,
> Just wanted to know how one might spawn new activities from inside another
> activity?
>
> For example: If I had to open Browse-activity from Terminal-activity, via a
> clickable link on the screen (If it had existed, right now its doesn't, but
> work is being made :) ).
> How can I do so? Is there any API I can access?
>
> Also does Browse-activity have API's that a developer could access and use?
> Especially about new activity instance creation?
>
> Thanks!

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/