[Sugar-devel] Using rdesktop in Ubuntu 18.04 Vm

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu May 23 18:00:02 EDT 2019

Ah, thanks, that's interesting.  We did have Xvnc in earlier
instructions, but it stopped working so we switched to Xrdp.  Now that
Xrdp has stopped working we can either switch back to Xvnc, or find
out what the problem is.

That's why I asked if the problem is unique to Sugar; if the black
screen is Sugar's jarabe.main() hung, only the system process list may
show it.  If Sugar is hung, we might find out why.  If the hang is
before Sugar starts, then it is a problem with Xrdp or the Xsession
default configuration.

If it isn't a problem with Sugar, then it could be raised with Ubuntu
or Debian against Xrdp.

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 06:43:08PM +0530, ANIKET MATHUR wrote:
> Thanks. Xrdp uses Xorg as default, switching to Xvnc did the job for me. But I
> did one step nit mentioned in the documentation, that was
> installing tightvncserver, Following the second answer in [1]this.
>
> On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 3:58 PM James Cameron <[2]quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>     Try it with another account wihout setting up a Sugar .xsession file.  If
>     it fails the same way, you know it has to do with rdesktop or the Ubuntu
>     18.04 X11 packages.
>
>     On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 11:45:49AM +0530, ANIKET MATHUR wrote:
>     > I am trying to use rdesktop in Ubuntu 18.04 Vm to test port to
>     TelepathyGlib. I
>     > followed the steps given in the sugar-docs to set up a sugar instance
>     using
>     > rdesktop, but whenever I run "rdesktop -g 1200x900 -u guest -p guest
>     > 127.0.0.1", a separate window opens, but always remains black not showing
>     any
>     > further activity. Am I doing Something wrong or incomplete? Need
>     help.Thanks.

>     > Sugar-devel mailing list
>     > [3]Sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
>
>     --