[Sugar-devel] Toolkit Installation Sugar v0.113

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue May 14 19:51:42 EDT 2019

I've two answers.

1.  No.  Aniket did not hit the problem for which this patch is the
solution.

2.  No.  Next release is 0.114, and I'm waiting on better evidence of
testing of 0.113 plus the errata patches.

Mere mortals may confine themselves to Fedora 30 which has Sugar
0.113, or Ubuntu 19.04 which has Sugar 0.112.

Aniket is to work on Port to Python 3, and this is not for mere
mortals.  That's why we chose Aniket.  I have confidence in Aniket.

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 03:41:58PM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> Any chance of a 0.113.1 maintenance release [1] to make this patch available?
> Seems unreasonable to expect mere mortals to find and apply patches just to get
> started.
>
> regards.
>
> -walter
>
> [1] [1]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maintenance_release
>
> On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 11:46 AM Alex Perez <[2]aperez at alexperez.com> wrote:
>
>     Aniket,
>
>     You have hit a known bug for 0.113. Please see [3]https://github.com/
>     sugarlabs/sugar/issues/822
>
>     I should also point out that this was an easily search-able issue, and
>     would encourage you to use Google or your preferred search engine, when you
>     encounter issues like this in the future.
>
>     This bug will be fixed in 0.114, whenever that is released, which I have no
>     direct control over. For now, you can download [4]https://github.com/
>     sugarlabs/sugar/commit/a83257bcf791e237afb55ed37f04d776f0fd927b.patch/ and
>     patch Sugar manually, using the 'patch' command.
>
>     ANIKET MATHUR wrote on 5/14/19 4:12 AM:
>
>         Greetings everyone,
>
>         I was installing Sugar v0.113 using the Native Sugar build method [5]
>         here. I was using Ubuntu 18.10. After installation, on running Sugar I
>         received the error message "ImportError: No module named sugar3". Need
>         help with a couple of questions
>         1) Is there a need to have a build of the older version for v0.113 to
>         work properly?
>         (never paid attention to that before).
>          2) What is the correct procedure for installing v0.113?
>         Thanks!

> Walter Bender
> Sugar Labs
> [8]http://www.sugarlabs.org