[Sugar-devel] GSoC proposal - Port to Python 3

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Mar 29 04:29:04 EDT 2019

Thanks.  Attached as PDF.

Technical comments;

1.  PopWindow was removed from the toolkit and the shell already;
please confirm and if so remove from your proposal,

2.  there's a risk of not having Fedora, Debian and Ubuntu packaging
of the toolkit, which may slow or block testing, and this risk could
be addressed by preparing local project packages,

3.  work also with Ibiam who has done some TelepathyGLib porting and
has hit problems that may need a second set of eyes; this is something
you can start now if you've time and interest,

4.  your timeline has a queue of components in a set order; it is more
likely you'll need to work on all components at once; that's how it
seems to work for me.