[Sugar-devel] Math_Hurdle activity keeps getting stuck

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Mar 27 22:26:13 EDT 2019

You mean the Math Hurdler activity.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/math-hurdler

No, you're not alone.  I saw this too.  I'm not surprised, as the
activity was unfinished and had latent problems that were preventing
testing with Sugar.  Other activities from the same team had similar
problems.

Also, the activity uses an older version of Sugargame.

The Sugargame 1.2 documentation and test activity gives very clear
guidance in how to structure the calls to Pygame while keeping the GTK
events also processed.  Please review Sugargame.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugargame

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 10:31:59PM +0530, Ashish Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
> In math-hurdle activity , the activity freezes on startup, one of the reasons
> behind which could have been starting pygame loop before activity constructor
> returns. I have checked that the activity constructor is returned before the
> main pygame loop is run  but i am still not able to figure the problem out. Is
> this a problem that i alone am facing ?
> Thank you
> Ashish Kumar

James Cameron