[Sugar-devel] New member

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Mar 21 17:29:45 EDT 2019

Welcome Rohit.

You must test your changes, so you will need an environment of some
sort.  Your experience in JavaScript environments may help you
understand the options.  The development environment can be whatever
works for you.

Minimum is git, text editor, and several web browsers with consoles.
You can find many different text editors, some with helpful features
and integration with git.  You can also add a server, in order to
differentiate problems between local file access and access over HTTP.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/musicblocks/blob/master/Debugging.md may
be of interest.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 09:32:49PM +0530, Rohit Rao wrote:
> *Hello!
> My name is Rohit Rao and I am currently in my year final year of engineering in
> Computer Science from NSIT.
> I want to work with SugarLabs for GSOC 2019. I am interested in the project
> titled "Export Music Blocks code to JavaScript".
> I had a question - Is there any development environment that I need to set up
> before I can start working on the project or can I just start working on it
> directly?
>
> Thank You
> Rohit Rao

James Cameron