[Sugar-devel] Gsoc 2019 Participation | ideas | Queries

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Mar 14 16:33:17 EDT 2019

Welcome.

Use gitter, IRC, GitHub, or mailing list, depending on who you want to
talk to, and especially how the talk _should_ be heard by others.

A few of our previous GSoC students have made the most amazing
mistakes or wasted time by working without a wider community
consensus.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-docs/blob/master/src/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
says

"Try to find the appropriate forum for your topic, level or expertises,
or language. If you come across a post that is in an incorrect forum,
please respectfully redirect the poster to the appropriate."

Other projects we work with, such as Debian, have in their social
contract not to hide problems.

Hope that helps!

--
James Cameron