[Sugar-devel] Collaboration Between Activities Fail with Fedora 29 SoaS

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Mar 13 21:32:22 EDT 2019

I'm just guessing here; you need more data.

Enable debugging of Telepathy Mission Control, and you may find there
is no connected detected.  You might also "pgrep salut".

Mission Control is coded to start Salut as soon as GNetworkMonitorNM
says status is changed to partially online.

Martin Abente, Gonzalo Odiard and I worked on ad-hoc wireless and
wired link-local collaboration in June 2015.  The work was not
upstreamed to Sugar Labs, because it didn't look like a problem with
Sugar, but with GLib.

The workaround we have in the OLPC branch is in /usr/bin/sugar;

	gsettings set im.telepathy.MissionControl.FromEmpathy use-conn false

The downside is that Sugar loses capability to switch away from
Gabble when network connectivity goes _down_ just before it goes _up_
with ad-hoc.  We hid that on the OLPC builds by deconfiguring the
Jabber server setting.

	gsettings set org.sugarlabs.collaboration jabber-server ''

Sugar has that as the default in releases since, for other reasons.

You might also workaround this by adding a Raspberry Pi with a DHCP
server.  The systems will not negotiate link-local addresses, but will
be assigned an IP in the range you specify.  They won't be able to
deliver packets to the internet, but they will think they can.

https://iiab.io/ is something you could put on the Raspberry Pi.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/