[Sugar-devel] Sugarizer app: Language list setting

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Mar 12 15:49:37 EDT 2019

This can be shortened to "send a fix" if you are certain the issue
would have a clear consensus, and you plan to make a fix.

GitHub issues are best thought of as "desire change, but unwilling to
provide change".

GitHub pull requests are "providing a change".

On this particular issue of translating of language names, we faced it
also in Sugar, My Settings, Language.

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 01:32:56PM +0530, Sumit Srivastava wrote:
> What I'd do would be:
>
> Open an issue, send a fix, then close the issue.
>
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2019, 10:01 am Dave Yashashvi, <[1]yashashvidave at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi! I am Yashashvi, and I was following the tutorial and I was wondering if
>     we should change languages in `Language setting` to not be translated
>     according to local/browser language. So "English" should be "English" even
>     if my local language of browser is "French" or something else. Does this
>     make sense? Should I open an GitHub issue for this or PR?
>
>     The reason of this request:
>     When I was following tutorial and changed my local language to "French",
>     according to [2]step 5, languages list in setting also changed, and I was
>     not able to change language back to "English" as I couldn't understand
>     which one of the option was "English" as all options were translated to
>     "French".
>     I am talking about [3]this setting.
>
>     --
>     Thanks and regards